The current lifestyle including pollution, UV rays, long working hours in front of screen impacts our eyes adversely. How good is your eyesight? Do you have problems with dry or itchy eyes? Are your eyelids itchy or swollen? All of the issues listed could easily be handled by maintaining good eye care habits.
So following these useful and amazing eye care tips can protect eyes from any further damage. A stitch in time saves nine is the correct idiom that applies here.
• When you go out on a sunny day, be sure that you wear a hat and a pair of sunglasses that offer UV protection. The rays from the sun can be damaging to your eyes if they are exposed to the sun too long. Make sure that the lenses are from a reputable manufacturer in order to take care of your eyes.
• If you work for long periods of time on a computer, protect your eyes by taking frequent breaks. You might have noticed that your eyes often feel strained, tired and itchy during regular working hours. This is probably a good indication that you’re overworking them. Get up and stretch for a few minutes, offering your eyes some time away from the screen.
• To maintain healthy eyes, make sure you only visit reputed eye care centre with highly qualified doctors specialized in eye care services for eye exams and prescriptions.
To locate the top doctors, look to your friends and family for suggestions, as well as find feedback from patients online. When you find a good eye care services centre, you can be sure of getting proper eye care.
• If you wear contacts for your eyes, make sure you take care of them properly. They carry a greater risk of causing eye related problems because they sit directly on your eyes. Make sure to clean them properly daily.
Make sure your hands are clean, and that you are using a contact solution that is not expired. Never clean eye contact lens with your salvia
• Drink anywhere between eight to ten full glasses of water as the day wears on. Water can help to flush the toxins out of your system, which is beneficial in keeping your eyes healthy and moist.
Additionally, drinks that contain high sugar content and alcohol can dry your body out and cause excess inflammation.
• Omega-3 fatty acids will help you in taking care of eyes. Try and switch up your diet to include more of these foods. These foods include carrot, peas, salmon, halibut, tuna, and leafy, dark green leafy vegetables.
You want to have at minimum a serving of one of these foods each day.
These were some of the eye care tips; if still, you have issues you can consult the best eye care services center in your city.