Shia LaBeouf
Shia LaBeouf faces battery charges after French Quarter incident. (Photo by Dave Benett/WireImage)

Shia LaBeouf’s mugshot released after Mardi Gras arrest on battery allegations in New Orleans

Shia LaBeouf is back in the headlines, and this time it has nothing to do with a movie role. The actor’s mugshot was released following his arrest during Mardi Gras celebrations in New Orleans, where authorities say he was booked on two counts of simple battery.

According to the Orleans Parish Sheriff’s Office, the 39 year old was taken into custody on February 17. His booking photo was made public three days later as more details about the alleged incident began to surface.

Authorities say Shia LaBeouf was booked on two counts of simple battery.

One of the alleged victims, Jeffrey Damnit, told People that the situation unfolded around 5 p.m. at a bar in the French Quarter. Damnit claimed the confrontation started inside the venue, alleging that the actor used homophobic slurs. He said things escalated after LaBeouf was escorted outside, where he allegedly began yelling at other patrons and attempting to lunge at people nearby.

Shia LaBeouf mugshot
Shia LaBeouf charged with two counts after New Orleans clash. (Photo Credit: Orleans Parish Sheriff’s Office)

Damnit further alleged that LaBeouf struck him, knocking him backward, and also punched a bartender. A police report cited by media outlets states that one alleged victim was hit in the face with a closed fist, possibly dislocating his nose.

After the incident, LaBeouf was taken to a hospital to be treated for unspecified injuries. He was then formally booked and later released on his own recognizance.

In a twist that only adds to the surreal nature of Mardi Gras, the actor was reportedly seen back near Bourbon Street just hours after his release. Videos circulating online appear to show him dancing in the crowd while holding paperwork believed to be related to his release.

Shortly after the arrest, LaBeouf appeared to post a brief message reading “Free me” on X, marking his first activity on the platform in months.

LaBeouf, who has previously opened up about struggles with sobriety and personal challenges, is scheduled to appear in court on March 19.

Related posts

Tragic Loss Turns to Joy Widow of Late Hockey Star Matthew Gaudreau Welcomes Baby Boy 4 Months After His Death

Michael Gibson

Dwayne Johnson Proves He Doesn’t Miss Leg Day With Jaw-Dropping Photo

Amelia Dimoldenberg

Hugh Grant and Nicholas Hoult’s Nostalgic Reunion: ‘We’re Cute’

Mason Evans