Recycle Your Christmas Tree
Photo by Arbordayblog

Recycle Your Christmas Tree to Support Patient Care at Nightingale House with Liberty’s Help

This Christmas season, Liberty, a property services company, is joining forces with Nightingale House Hospice for a noble cause. For the third consecutive year, Liberty’s team will dedicate their time in January to collect Christmas trees from the community for recycling. This initiative is part of a fundraising effort for the Wrexham-based hospice.

Last year, the program, spearheaded by Nightingale House Hospice, saw Liberty’s staff along with other local businesses gather nearly 1,500 trees, raising over £15,000. This year, the hospice aims to surpass that achievement with a fundraising goal of £17,000.

A significant portion of the funds, 90%, will directly benefit patient care and family support services at Nightingale House Hospice. This facility offers free-of-charge specialist palliative care for those with life-limiting illnesses. The remaining 10% of the proceeds will be donated to the local Scouts Association, which plays a vital role in promoting the Christmas tree collection initiative in the community.

Nightingale Christmas Tree Recycling
Sam Amis

Bryan Tennant, Regional Director at Liberty, expressed pride in supporting Nightingale House for the third year, emphasizing the importance of both raising funds for the charity and ensuring proper recycling of Christmas trees. He also acknowledged the dedication of the Liberty volunteers who brave all weather conditions to collect the trees.

Chloe Deacon, Community Fundraiser at Nightingale House Hospice, also expressed gratitude for the continuous support from Liberty and the community. She highlighted that the funds raised are crucial for the hospice’s operations, providing love, joy, and care to patients and their families.

The hospice encourages supporters to contribute any amount they can, as every penny makes a difference in their services. Those interested in having their trees collected can check availability in their area by entering their postcode, booking a collection through the Nightingale House Hospice website, calling the fundraising team, or visiting the Just Helping website.

The deadline for tree registration is January 8, 2024, and all trees should be decoration-free and placed outside for collection by 7 am on January 13, 2024.

Related posts

Boeing 777 Achieves Miraculous Landing at Heathrow Amid Fierce Storm Gerrit Winds

Katherine Langford

Barack Obama Reveals How Sasha and Malia Really Felt Having Secret Service on Their Dates

Amelia Dimoldenberg

Kate Garraway ‘ignored’ Piers Morgan’s advice at start of Derek Draper’s struggles

Amelia Dimoldenberg