(Photo: Reuters)

Queen Elizabeth Cancels online Engagements due to mild COVID-19 Symptoms

Queen Elizabeth II canceled scheduled online engagements on Tuesday because she is still experiencing mild symptoms after testing positive for COVID-19.

The monarch “has decided not to undertake her planned virtual engagements today, but will continue with light duties,” a palace spokesman said.

Officials confirmed the queen tested positive for COVID-19 on Sunday. The diagnosis prompted concern and get-well wishes from across Britain’s political spectrum for the 95-year-old reigning monarch.

The palace said Sunday that Elizabeth, who has been fully vaccinated and had a booster shot, would continue with “light” duties at Windsor Castle over the coming week.

“She will continue to receive medical attention and will follow all the appropriate guidelines,” the palace said in a statement Sunday.

The queen is experiencing cold-like symptoms, according to the statement.

She received the coronavirus vaccine last January.

Queen Elizabeth’s son Prince Charles and his wife Camilla also tested positive for the coronavirus this month.

“This morning The Prince of Wales has tested positive for COVID-19 and is now self-isolating,” a palace spokesperson announced on Thursday, February 10. It’s the second time the British heir to the throne has contracted the disease.

The 73-year-old also canceled his planned engagements at the time. Charles previously tested positive in March 2020. He spent seven days in isolation at his Scotland estate before resuming his royal duties.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Related posts

Royal Family reveals guest list for Prince Philip’s funeral

Amelia Dimoldenberg

Prince Harry breaks silence why The Royals did not believe his relationship with Meghan will Not last

George Hughes

Naomi Osaka receives subtle support from Meghan Markle for French Open withdrawal to focus on mental health

Amelia Dimoldenberg