Following news that Prince Harry will be publishing an “accurate and wholly truthful” account of his life, Buckingham Palace has responded with a statement.
A spokesperson told People that the Duke of Sussex spoke privately with the royal family “very recently” about the book’s publication, adding that he would not be expected to obtain permission from the palace for the project.
Buckingham Palace declined to comment further, telling People, “Any clarification about the book would be a question for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.” On Monday, Penguin Random House announced that Prince Harry is working on a memoir, due for release in late 2022.
“I’m writing this not as the prince I was born but as the man, I have become,” Harry said in a statement. “I’ve worn many hats over the years, both literally and figuratively, and my hope is that in telling my story — the highs and lows, the mistakes, the lessons learned — I can help show that no matter where we come from, we have more in common than we think.”
He continued, “I’m deeply grateful for the opportunity to share what I’ve learned over the course of my life so far and excited for people to read a firsthand account of my life that’s accurate and wholly truthful.” – instyle